Friday, June 20, 2014

Honorable Mention: Karen Emmons

Continuing with the IPCA garment entries begun last week, I want to share with you the inspiring work of Karen Emmons, also an "honorable mention." Karen has been sewing since childhood, and used the Sew Chic Fantasia, #LN9005 for her entry. She loves Halloween and is enamored with the "Gothic" look and lifestyle, which became her garment inspiration. The following is what she wanted to share with you about her entry:

Honorable Mention: Karen Emmons

"I decided to enter the contest for several reasons. 1) I love to sew. 2) I wanted to win the Baby Lock Serger, so I could give my best friend my old Baby Lock Serger. I’ve always been fascinated by the Gothic Lifestyle and looks. I actually got my inspiration from an ad I saw in a Goth Magazine. When I saw the Fantasia pattern, I knew that was the one I wanted to adapt for my contest entry. I already had the black crepe like fabric, the baby blue satin and tulle were purchased at Joann’s. I also purchased a few items on the internet. A lot if the bit and pieces were from my unbelievable stash of fabric and misc. sewing items. I didn’t want the blue satin to be bright, so I covered everything in black tulle to tone it down and give it a dusky effect. The ravens were stenciled on the fishtail with black matte fabric paint. The sleeves were made long. The back inset, sleeves and corset were covered in black ribbon in a crisscross pattern. I also made a matching choker for the dress using the same beads and braid I used on the bodice front."

Enjoy!



Her entry was based on this pattern:
Get your pattern here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your message is important to me ♥